Importing Visio files
Easily import Visio files into a Cacoo diagram to:
- Edit Visio files with others in real-time
- Easily access your Visio diagrams through cloud storage from any computer
To import a file from Visio:
- Make sure that your Visio file is saved as a Visio 2003-2010 Drawing (VSD and VDX format). You can do this by going to File > Save As; then next to “Save as Type,” select “Visio 2003-2010 Drawing” from the drop-down menu, and click “Save.”
- In the Cacoo Editor, click the drop-down menu button next to the icon that says “Import.” From the list, select “Visio.
- A Dialogue box will pop up. Navigate to the diagram you want to insert, select it, and click “Open.”
- After opening the diagram, your Visio file will appear within the Editor. You can then begin editing any of its elements using the Inspector and Stencil menus.
Exporting to Visio
We currently do not offer Visio exporting, but you can export your file as a .svg to use it in Visio.
Don’t have any Visio files to import? Visit https://cacoo.com/lang/en/visio-alternative to see how Cacoo compares with Visio.
Information about Visio + Cacoo for Cacoo Editor versions before 6/27/18: https://support.cacoo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003536968-Visio-Cacoo