1 Organization security permissions
2 About each security permissions
2.1 Diagram sharing options
2.2 Share diagrams via Google Drive integration
2.3 Allow access diagrams via third-party apps
3 Shared folder permissions
4 Private folder permissions
The administrator can manage the diagram sharing functions from the organization’s security permissions page to enable or disable sharing of diagrams with non-organization users. These security settings will be set and enforced to all the diagrams and folders within the organization in Cacoo.
Organization security permissions
To manage the security permissions:
- Click on the Organization icon from the global navigation and select Settings.
- Select Security from the left menu, and enable or disable the permissions.
About each security permission
This section will explain each security permission and how it affects the sharing of diagrams in Cacoo.
Diagram sharing options
Enabling “Organization members can create diagram links that allow anyone to edit/view” allows members to enable the public sharing link at the individual diagram and share the diagram with non-organization users.
You can further restrict the sharing permission to “edit” or “view only” by selecting from the drop-down menu. The differences between the permissions are:
- Edit - Members will be able to select “edit” and “view only” when enabling the “Public link” of the diagrams.
- View only - Members will be able to select “view only” when enabling the “Public link” of the diagrams.
Share diagrams via Google Drive integration
Enabling ”Organization members can share diagrams via Google Drive integration” allows the organization members to share and export diagrams to Google Drive, which is connected to each account.
Allow access diagrams via third-party apps
Enabling “Organization members can allow access to diagrams via third party apps” lets members allow third-party apps (e.g.: your own apps) to access the diagram information using Cacoo API.
Shared folder permissions
If the administrator has enabled all the security permissions in the organization settings, the administrator and the “Owner” of each shared folder can manage its permissions.
To manage the shared folder’s permissions:
- Open the shared folder from the dashboard and select the +Add button in the upper right corner.
OR, from the dashboard, hover to the shared folder and select the More icon (⋮) and click Share.
- A sharing dialog will prompt, select the Permissions tab, and check or uncheck the boxes to enable or disable each permission.
Private folder permissions
If the administrator has enabled all the security permissions in the organization settings, the private folder’s owner can manage its permissions.
To manage the private folder permissions:
- From the dashboard, hover to the private folder and select the More icon (⋮) and click permissions.
- A permission settings dialog will prompt. Check or uncheck the boxes to enable or disable the permissions.