Alongside live collaboration and live chat, Cacoo also provides video chat so that you can easily discuss ideas with your collaborators. This function allows collaborators to have online meetings that take place right within a diagram.
How to start a video chat
To start a video chat:
- On the diagram, select the Video icon > Join Video Chat.
- A video settings dialog will prompt. Select your Microphone device and Camera device. On the preview screen, you can turn on/off the microphone or camera before joining the video chat on the preview screen.
- Select Join.
Note: When the number of video chat participants reaches the maximum capacity, the “Join Video Chat” button will be disabled. A message will display showing the number of video chat users available for the plan.
Video chat panel operations
Collaborators who have joined the video chat are reflected on the video chat panel. By hovering over your preview screen, you can:
- Turn on/off the microphone.
- Turn on/off the camera.
- Manage the microphone or camera settings.
- Leave the video chat.
On the other participants’ video chat preview screen, it will:
- Display the camera display, or their account icon if the participant has turned off their camera.
- Display the microphone on or off icon.
- Display the participant’s user name if you hover over their preview screen.
Tip: Before joining the video chat, you can see the number of users and users’ names who have joined the video chat in the video chat panel.
During your video chat session, you can share your screen with the participants by clicking the Start screen sharing button located at the bottom of the diagram.
To learn more about the screen sharing function, refer to the Screen sharing support article.